[Pattern Wednesday] black

[Pattern Wednesday] - Taja ch'è rosso! - a Watermelon slice story in Rome

11:00 PMFrancine



Hello, everyone!
I've had some troubles with the wi-fi, today, so I can post now. I'm very happy to jump into Pattern Wednesday's wagon again (sorry, ladies!). Today we have a very summery pattern to work with: many slices of watermelon.

Did I said how much I love the watermelon?

Ciao a tutti!
Mi scuso per essere arrivata solo adesso, ma ho avuto dei problemi col wifi per tutta la giornata. Oggi torno a riaffacciarmi assieme alle ragazze del Pattern Wednesday perché si gioca con un motivo prettamente estivo: l'anguria, aka sua Maestà il Cocomero.
Vi ho già detto quanto io sbarelli quando si parla di anguria?




Above the pattern...
Eccovi il motivo da riprodurre...




...and below my manicure. 
I've tried to make a nice watermelon's slices carousel, but the hot and humid summer afternoon failed me. But I've made a sticker!
I've used wet'n'wild Tropicalia, a lovely flamingo crelly, as a base; then I made some random smiles mixing a drop of Misa Quirky Smile and P2 999 Aloha Dream. I added some black spots with an old NYC striper and that's it. I've let my sticker dry over a plastic bag and I peeled off a couple of hours later.
...ed eccovi la mia manicure.
Ho provato a disegnare le fettine di anguria, ma il caldo afoso di oggi mi ha tradito. Così, ho realizzato uno sticker! Fregato!!
Ho usato wet'n'wild Tropicalia (un crelly color rosa fenicottero) come base; poi ho mischiato una goccia di Misa Quirky Smile e una di P2 999 Aloha Dream per le bucce e con un vecchio striper della NYC ho disegnato i semi. Ho lasciato asciugare su una busta di plastica per un paio d'ore, ed ecco fatto.









Watermelons pedlars are a summer custom in Rome, a real tradition went miss. When I was a child, watermelon pedlars stayed at the corner of the streets, screaming "Taja ch'è rosso!" ("Cut it! It's red!!") that in roman slang means "Come here! My watermelons are the sweetest on the block!". When I was a child Taja ch'è rosso was the vernacular translation of Ovid's Carpe Diem. Today the watermelon is red. Tomorrow, who knows?

Watermelon is so sweet and refreshing that I could die for! I was born in the hottest summer of last century, so I remember there was always a watermelon or two at every birthday I have celebrated. 

I hope my idea likes you. Why don't we go to take a look at my mates' blogs? Keep cool, I bring the watermelon!
Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!!


Adoro le angurie! Qui a Roma sono un simbolo dell'estate, loro ed i cocomerari, i venditori ambulanti che si appostano agli angoli delle strade coi loro baracchini strillando (una volta) "Taja ch'è rosso!". Cioè, l'anguria era buona da mangiare. Oggigiorno s'è perso quest'uso, ma fino a quando ero piccola io, l'espressione Taja ch'è rosso era la versione vernacolare dell'ovidiano Carpe Diem. Oggi è rosso, domani, chissà.

Ma a parte questa digressione, adoro il cocomero, perché fa subito estate e quindi, il mio compleanno. Non rammento un compleanno senza abbuffata di anguria, giuro!

E parlando di angurie, che ne direste di dare un'occhiata ai lavori delle mie compagne? Venite con me? Tranquilli, porto il cocomero!!
Grazie per essere passati e alla prossima!!






You Might Also Like

0 commenti

Random Nail Art

Contact Form