[31DC15] blue

[31DC15] The Blue Honeysuckle

11:30 PMFrancine

I've told you I'm in love with Sweden, did I?
I've chosen to use Sweden color for the today's claim of the 31DC2015, inspired by a flag. Sweden flag is blue with a yellow cross. Many flags of Scandinavian countries share this crossed pattern, in different colors of course. I'm curious about the cross pattert. Maybe dr. Sheldon Cooper should have the answer?
Anyway, I've chosen a flower pattern and I called it "Blue Honeysuckle", because Linnea is the swedish national flower. Or, to be more precise: Sweden does have not a national flower, but many Swedes consider it Linnea as sweden national flower.
Sai che ho una cotta smodata per la Svezia, vero? Non ti stupirà sapere, allora, che mi sono ispirata ai colori della bandiera svedese, il giallo ed il blu, per la nail art di oggi. La particolarità delle bandiere della Scandinavia è la forma: cambiano i colori, ma il disegno è sempre quello di una croce, con il centro spostato a sinistra. Chissà mai perché. Lo chiediamo a Sheldon Cooper?
In attesa della risposta, ti spiego il nome di questa nail art. La Linnea fa parte della famiglia dei caprifogli (l'Honeysuckle che tanto andava di moda qualce anno fa) ed è il fiore che gli svedesi considerano come fiore nazionale (in realtà, non ce n'è uno vero e proprio).



I've made a water marble, but today I didn't use any base. Yup, you read well. No. Base. At. All. I started with one coat of P2 Cosmetics peel-off base and I let it dry. In the meanwhile, I've protected my cuticle area with some pieces of painter scotch tape. Then I poured into a room temperature filtered water some drops of Essie Mesmerized and Maybelline 22 Lookout Lemon. I've made a flower pattern and that's it. To preserve the matte effect, I used a coat of Deborah Mat Effect Top Coat.
La particolarità della water marble di oggi è che non ho usato nessuna base. Esatto. Ho steso la base peel-off di P2 Cosmetics e ho lasciato che asciugasse completamente. Ho protetto le cuticole con delle strisce di nastro adesivo da pittore e ho versato dentro la mia solita coppetta (con acqua demineralizzata a temperatura ambiente) alcune gocce di Essie Mesmerized e Maybelline 22 Lookout Lemon. Per preservare l'effetto opaco di questa nail art (effetto naturale), ho steso una mano di Deborah Mat Effect Top Coat.




I'm in love with this water marble. I really like to see how yellow and blue gently mixed together, as creating a very cool and unforeseen gradient effect. Just my two cents: lay properly your peel-off base to avoid unaesthetic wrinkle on your nails.
Mi piace tantissimo questa water marble. Mi piace come i colori si siano mischiati assieme, creando un effetto a gradiente tra il giallo e il celeste chiaro. Mi piace da matti e no, non era pianificato affatto! Consiglio di stendere bene la base peel-off, onde evitare antiestetiche grinze.



I'm sorry, but today's post is been veeeery short. I'm tired, and tomorrow shall be a day from hell. I hope you enjoyed this nail art! Thank you for stopping by and have a nice day/night/whatever!
Per oggi, la chiudiamo qui. Mi spiace ma sono molto stanca e domani mi aspetta una giornatina niente male. Spero che la mia idea ti sia piaciuta. Grazie per essere passata e alla prossima!!





You Might Also Like

0 commenti

Popular Posts

Random Nail Art

Contact Form