[BirthFlowers] China Glaze

[BirthFlowers] August - Poppy

12:00 AMFrancine



Hi, mates!
The BirthFlowers Ladies are in town! The flower of August is my beloved poppy (I should say that one of the flower of the month is poppy) and I can't help myself to replicate the Marimekko pattern. Again and again and again...
Let's take a look!
Ciao a tutti!
Le ragazze della BirthFlowers sono di nuovo in città, pronte a spargere fiori ovunque! Il mese di Agosto è dedicato ai miei adorati papaveri, e indovinate un po'? Esatto: Marimekko a go-go!
È più forte di me, mi piace tantissimo questo disegno! 





This time I've made a double accent nails. Cecilia from Temperani Nails has made a very clever tutorial, if you would replicate this pattern. I started with my base coat, then I layered two coats of China Glaze White Out. I've used few drops of P2 Cosmetics Leather Matte 060 Rocking Love and P2 Cosmetics Sand Style 020 Lovesome and I painted some dots in a flower shape. I mixed up White Out with Rocking Love and I've made the deep pink shade I used for the center of my poppies. I finished my job with Kisses Nail Liner PA 12 Black. 
I added thtree dots (on opposite colours) over my index and my pinky, but I'm not satisfied. Maybe I should have chose the white. What do you think about it?
Stavolta ho voluto alleggerire il disegno con una doppia accent nail. Cecilia di Temperani Nails ha creato un tutorial più che esauriente, semmai voleste cimentarvi nell'impresa. Ho steso la base, e poi due passate di China Glaze White Out a fare da sfondo. Ho usato poche gocce di P2 Cosmetics Leather Matte 060 Rocking LoveP2 Cosmetics Sand Style 020 Lovesome  e ho creato dei fiori con i pois. Ho mescolato una goccia di White Out e una di Rocking Love per ottenre il bel rosa acceso che ho usato per il centro del fiore.  Ho terminato il disegno utilizzando Kisses Nail Liner PA 12 Black. Ho aggiunto tre pois su mignolo e anulare (a contrasto), ma non sono molto convinta del risultato finale. Forse avrei dovuto usare il bianco, che dite?




Poppies are lovely flowers. They scream us that summer is coming. According to greek mythology, poppies are the heralds of Persephone come back to Earth from the Underworld. Do you want to know a funny thing? On earlier times, only Persephone goes to the Underworld to meet her husband Hades when winter is coming; but later, Demeter too goes with her, 'cause she can't let go her daughter alone. Poor, poor Hades...
I papaveri mettono subito allegria e sembrano quasi gridare che l'estate è dietro l'angolo. Secondo la mitologia greca, sono gli araldi che annunciano il ritorno di Persefone sulla Terra dall'Ade. La volete sapere una cosa buffa? In origine era la sola Persefone a ridiscendere nell'Ade all'arrivo dell'inverno per ricongiungersi al marito; successivamente il mito cambia, e anche la dea Demetra acocmpagna la figlia nel viaggio, non riuscendo a separarsi da lei. Povero, povero Ade...



Is there a flower that screams «It's Summer!!» to you?
Qual è il fiore che più di tutti fa subito estate?



Let me know in the comment, and, please, don't be shy. Your comments feed my blog!Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!!


P.S.: I'd love to meet you on my Facebook Page here!
Read what my followers think about this blog and much more! And if you enjoyed this post, feel free to share it on Facebook and Twitter using the buttons below!
Non siate timide e fatemelo sapere nei commenti. Sono loro a nutrire il mio blog!
Grazie per essere passate e alla prossima!!


PS: Mi piacerebbe incontrarvi anche sulla mia Pagina Facebook.
Troverete quello che pensano le altre lettrici e molto altro ancora. E se questo post vi è piaciuto, condividetelo pure su Facebook e Twitter utilizzando i pulsanti qui sotto!












You Might Also Like

0 commenti

Random Nail Art

Contact Form